AC Skylines Home Care Services Announces Exercise Aide Services
The need for exercise never ends. Studies show that it is crucial for the well-being of those affected by many conditions, including osteoporosis, diabetes and arthritis.
Simply becoming “more active” is not the answer. For example, problems caused by an incorrect walking style are unlikely to improve if you just walk more. You may even make them worse. To be effective, the right exercises done with the right intensity for the right number of repetitions are required.
A well-designed exercise program can
• strengthen the muscles around your joints,
• help you maintain bone strength,
• reduce your risk of falling,
• give you more strength and energy to get through the day,
• make it easier to get a good night's sleep,
• help you control your weight, and
• make you feel better about yourself and improve your sense of well-being.
Many people find that having an exercise coach helps. An exercise coach is someone who will
• hold you accountable for your program,
• believe in you and your ability to exercise even when you don’t,
• encourage you - especially on those days when it would so easy to skip it, “just this once,” and
• make sure you’re doing the exercises correctly.
Staying Fit at Home - After Physical Therapy Ends
Continuing exercise is never more important than after a course of physical therapy. To help you retain the progress you have made, an Apostolic Christian Skylines Exercise Aide works with you as your coach, following a program developed by your Physical Therapist.
How does it work?
You select the exercises you want to perform and the pace at which you want to do them. The exercises are done using your own home equipment, so there are no new pieces of equipment to learn. The Exercise Aide is there to encourage, assist and guide you in performing your exercises correctly so you receive the maximum benefit.
Skylines Exercise Aides
All of our Exercise Aides are Certified Nursing Assistants who have been specially trained by a licensed Physical Therapist in the supervision of flexibility exercises, muscle strengthening, balance exercises and walking programs.
The need for focused exercise never ends. Why not enlist an AC Skylines Exercise Aide to make sure you’re getting the full benefit of your exercise program? Call Rachel at AC Skylines Home Care today at (309) 689-5343 for more information on how to get started.