Personal Care Assistant
Personal Care Assistants provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability, or other circumstances. Personal care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, meal preparation, transportation, light housekeeping, laundry, and companionship.
Personal Care Assistants are responsible for ensuring that their service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with Apostolic Christian Skylines Home Care Services policies and standards of home care.
Duties and Activities
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care, including bathing, shaving, ambulation, mouth, care, dressing, exercise, hair care, feeding, toileting, nail care, positioning, skin care, transferring, and medication reminding.
- Ensure client’s safety and security in their home environment.
- Perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Valid driver’s license and proper vehicle coverage.
- Desire to assist the elderly in aging safely in place.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others. Able to plan independently and organize work with good attention to detail.
- Ability to listen actively and communicate orally effectively.
- Ability to identify problems and determine effective solutions.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients and their environment.